BitTorrent And SEO — A Way To Success
This post is about BitTorrent Marketing, SEO / 3 minutes
Michael Sauers via Compfight
File sharing rarely earns a link to SEO as a method of promotion. However, that couldn’t be farer from the truth: successful P2P marketing can help SEO a big deal, BitTorrent marketing in particular.
The experiences told by DJ Pretty Lights and the Khan Academy gave me the insight I needed to understand that there are 5 good reasons for SEO to include P2P torrent marketing:
- (Promotion) Reach A Wider Audience. Regular Social Media make it tough for a business or a solopreneur to aim for a huge target over little time. This is exactly where torrent networks can help: while you publicize your upcoming product on Social Media, do share samples and freebies related to it, coupon codes and discount cards, via BitTorrent. The results will come to your earlier, you’ll grow a loyal audience that you’ll have more chances to fidelize. From the SEO point of view, more users means more natural backlinks; more backlinks results in more search engine and user popularity.
- (Communication) Get Faster User Feedback. When you share a compressed package via BitTorrent, you have the possibility to add an HTML file containing your contact or an emailing form, or a PDF with links to a user survey. That means that you have a chance to up the amount of your traffic and get that user feedback you need to improve your products and/or services.
- (Popularity) Become Popular In Less Time. Popularity — you know it — takes time to grow. Before your new CD becomes a hit, before your website gets a high PageRank and thousands of weekly visitors, the time factor demands of your attention and patience. However, by successfully employing and growing a set of product freebies to share via BitTorrent, you’re going to fly ahead of your competitors, because users will love you, and the chances they’ll turn into paying clients will up with every new effort on your behalf.
- (Legality) Avoid Piracy At The Early Stages. Getting your products pirated is perhaps one of the most disenhearting experiences in life, especially when the issue comes up at the very beginning of your career, when everything is so uncertain and you’re working hard to build the foundations of your future success. On the contrary, early freebie torrent distribution helps to make users and bittorrent search engines happy and strongly decreases chances to get your contents pirated. Search engines are obsessively careful with the legality of the contents they index (Google in primis), so this is an aspect you should not overlook.
- (Newsworthiness) Share Innovative Product Freebies or Samples. There’s never a limit to imagination and innovation! BitTorrent users may perform a music torrent search and find your funny promotional Mp3 or music video containing a link back to your product site, or just stumble upon a mini-movie you realized to promote your services, download it and become your first fans. When you share innovative, unique and eye-catching freebies, new users are going to come in. It’s a given. From a SEO point of view, this is a chance to increase Social Media shares and natural backlinks.
Originally posted on: Written on July 30, 2012, MondayLooking for older posts? Check the Articles archive!