What Do I Charge for Freelance Content Marketing and Copywriting?
Updated as of Nov 22, 2019
Thank you for your interest in my freelance writing services!
I charge flat rates per project (and word count ranges) as listed below:
Blog posts / Content Marketing
$150 per 800-1,200 words
$250 per 1,300-2,000 words
$350 per 2,100-3,000 words
$450 per 3,100-4,000 words
$600-$800 from 4,100 and up*
May include 1 free illustration
Note: there is a 100-word length gap between rates. If our content ends in that 100-word gap, I’ll charge the lower tier.
* Huge articles require extensive work that can span over a whole month or more. How much I will charge from this point on depends on the project requirements.
Guides / eBooks
starts at $600 per project (min. 5,000 words)
(get in touch to discuss details)
May include up to 3 free illustrations
Press Releases / Case Studies
$400 per piece
$300 per page (about 600 words)
$850 per project (usually 1 page)
My freelance blogging / content marketing rates include:
- Preliminary discussion of the copy goals
- Interviews and research as needed
- Unlimited post revisions (although one or two draft edits are usually enough to make my clients happy)
- Customized Creative Commons images (or my own illustrations)
- Post optimization for search engines (SEO)
Freelance copywriting rates include all of the above plus the thorough review of any marketing and product / service material I’ll need to study to write the right copy for your business.
On a smaller budget?
If you are a charity or a startup, I’d love to offer you a 15% discount on every service as a first-time client.
The discount is valid for the whole first contract year, so you are covered for 12 months.
If you are not a charity or a startup, please contact me for a potential custom quote.